Labels

Jul 23, 2010

New Cover for Old Chair, a Smart Spending :)

Hello friends...
This time I want to tell you about my experiment changing old chair cover. They are really old and dirty chairs and I try to make over those chairs.
We found these chairs at our warehouse, they belong to previous occupants. These chair seem had not been used by the owner, they left them dirty and 2 of them are left at the backyard. I checked the chair shape and tI find hey strong enough to use, but they are very dirty and many of the seat are ripped. I wonder, how can I make over the chairs so we can use them ?
This single chair picture show how the chair before make over.
Since our wall painted with beige colour and full red carpet, and the chair painted with beige colour as well, I decide to change the cover of the seats in to black and white material. The seat cloth must be represent minimalist style and with contemporer image. I think the colour can make the chairs more modern attractive in the beige-red theme.

Before I find the cloth, I clean up the chair wood. In the beginning, I thougt I have to repaint the chair wood with white colour. But I withdraw the idea, because I'm afraid of losing the wood fiber and they will become cold and pale. Since the wood are dirty, I use Clorax, a bleaching concentrate, to clean every grimy spot. And it work out.

Now the problem is finding the cloth to cover the seat. And I can tell, it's really hard to find cloth near our residence. Then a friend take us to Pinoy Mall near Al Batha Market. There, I find store selling bed cover and pillow cover. They sell 2 pillow cover for 2 SR (1 US$=3,75 SR). Cheap enough. And guess what..they have the colour I want. A contemporer minimalist black-white theme. Yeyyy!

After we arrived at home, I can't wait to start repair the chairs. How I did it?
First, I cut the pillow cover into two parts. One part for one chair. I used flat screwdriver and a hammer to cover the seat. First, I put the cloth to the seat, and then I inserted the cloth marge in to the seat sidelines with screwdriver. I used hammer to knock the screwdriver so the seat can be tidy.
And here they are :



Since the chairs look nice, I put it at the parlor so we don't have to buy coach. We are going to move at the next 2,5 years, and I think 1500 SR coach too expensive to throw away at the end of 2012. I plan to use the coach budget to buy gold at Batha Market :). Smart spending I guess, change an unproductive item budget to productive good. They really have big different, the first one won't have rising price at the end of 2012, instead it become useless object. And the second one, gold, I believe will have big increasing price. You don't believe that? You can check the gold price for 15 years at www.kitco.com, click the graphic, and you can find the price is rising steadily. Still, i think it is a smart spending :)

Well friends, I hope this article can be usefull for you and the rest of family.. :)
Thanks for reading...have a nice day... :)

1 comment:

thian said...

i'm proud of you hun....keep the good work ya:)